Saturday 3 March 2018

GIANTS IN THE DREAMS



Everytime, I was with a thought,
Why these giants
haunted my dreams
Of the tall tree-forest,
our summer home, 
Of the narrow isle between
both school blocks...
'Why did you always sit
On my favorite mango-bough,
On the beach cliff,
On the grassy edge of our silver brook?'

Giants really were on waiting;
Waiting on the single foot
To trespass into my sleepy eyes,
and to place dominion at my dreamy skies.
No matter how mother's tales
 glorified their innocence,
The gigantic figures kept scaring on.

'Oh mother, mesmeric story teller,
Don't say any tale!,' I begged,
'with giants involved...'
But no night passed without them.
Mercilessly haunted,
My all childhood they chased
And released me when it was over.


'Now as I have been at the grim smoke
of the terrible dreams of adulthood,
I smell your absence.
You designed my fantasy once,
And whispered strange fables in ear,
Unsearched and untold.
Sleepless, on the bed, with opened eyes
Hope your marvelous return,
Kind beloved  little giants!'

03/03/2018
MUHAMMED RAFEEK.E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spotlight

I Want to Know

Take my words! Fight in the name of Dinken! Hunt down your brother For the dignity of Dakini! Or of any other else you like be...

BREAK OF THE MONTH